Friday, July 17, 2009

Pity Party, Table For One, Please !




Know that old, trite saying a good number of people still put in their profile and personal ads “Don't make someone a priority if they only make you an option”? Well, let me tell you, I’m so feeling that today.

I’m the guy that’s only good enough, handsome enough, charming enough until the next BBD (bigger, better deal) comes along. There’s always someone:

*Younger
*With a bigger dick
*That is HIV negative
*With more money
*With a hotter body
*Drives a nicer car
*That has a bigger house
*That is a 100% top
*With a better smile
*That is better connected to the people that matter


The grass isn’t always greener, ya’ll.

I don’t know if this is just a “gay” thing (probably not, chicks do this sort of thing to poor straight guys all the time) but I feel we’ve perfected the art of using one another as stepping stones until something better comes down the garden path and that’s just sad, ya know.

I always try to treat a man that I like in a way that lets him know that he matters, no room for doubt. And generally (in the last several years), I’ve been treated in a very offhand manner, meaning they may or may not answer my phone call/text/email for two days or they forget dinner plans with me and go out drinking with friends from work instead. Frankly, they could take me or leave me & I'm tired of it! I guess I’m just mourning my youth and the days when I could completely hold a man’s attention and know I’d take first priority. I miss having a guy's eyes light up when I walk into the room, that look that says; you're exactly the one I've been waiting for... Even some of my good friends treat me this way too, forgetting my birthday and not visiting me in the hospital a while back when I was sick. If I’d dare to say anything about it, they’d look at me like I was some bug-eyed, crazy person and simply say, “Dude, chill the fuck out!”

I know, I know. When I meet the right man, he won’t treat me like that. So, what do I do in the meantime? Hmmm? Do any of you out there know of a good test I can secretly perform early on in the game to see if he’s worth a shit? I'm not getting any younger here, ya know.

Whew-wee, can't you just hear that violin music? I'm so feeling sorry for myself today. All this stuff that I’ve said is completely 100% true, I’ve just held this in too long and here it is exploded across this word document like some teen-age boy with his first Playboy. Ya’ll be good. Talk soon.
P.S.
The gentleman that caused me to go off on this self-pitying rampage, called me last night several hours after I'd posted this entry to my blog to apologize and say he wanted to make it up to me for being a rude jerk. I'm proud of myself, I stood firm and didn't budge. When I asked him how he intended to make it up to me, he suggested that he come over to my house (it was 1 a.m.), I smelled a booty call. I told him that wasn't good enough and hung up. Some men are funny, they think they can treat you like crap and then all they have to do is slip you some weenie and all will be forgotten.

2 comments:

Will said...

Good for you!!!! We should all start taking a stand agains these guys who just call when they need to get laid!
I'm in a similar predicament and it's my own fault guys treat me like this.

Thanks for a great blog!!!!!

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

OMG I LOVED THIS ENTRY. YOU SHOULD NOT BE DEALING WITH THAT. THEY ARE GOING TO END UP LONELY BECAUSE APPARENTLY THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE TOO MUCH AND CAN ENTERTAIN YOU AT THEIR WILL. BUT THEY ARE WRONG. YOU DESERVE BETTER.

TAKE PRIDE WITHIN YOURSELF AND UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT THEY WONT DO....A BETTER ONE WILL.


*DELLA!