Thursday, September 23, 2010

Angels With IPhones



I feel shaken up and spooked this morning. They say that if you ever die in a dream, you’ll actually die. This is the second time it’s happened to me. I dreamt that one of the light rail trains in Charlotte hit the vehicle I was traveling in. One minute, everything was fine and the next, a group of men were standing around looking down at my prostrate body. I found myself struggling to get up but couldn’t, then I looked down at my body to see that it was badly crushed and somewhat gooey.

“What-the-fu……..!”

“You’ve got to come with us now, you died.” The leader announced in a matter-of-fact voice.

“How?  W…w…what? I’m not dead.”

He pulled an IPhone from his pocket and bent down to show me the screen, there played what must have been footage from one of the train company’s surveillance cameras showing very plainly the train slamming into the vehicle, crushing it and rolling it down the track before it stopped where we were right now.

It took me a good two minutes after I woke up to really be sure I was still alive. Why can’t I dream about tropical beaches, Christmas morning and fuzzy kittens ?

No comments: