Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later


Last night I walked the sturgeon moon, that luminous, windless expanse of white, high above our spinning earth. Oh the beauty I beheld as I gazed on the brilliant, shimmering sapphire below. A sorrow like none other overtook me and stopped me in my tracks, trembling on the hard-packed shores of an ancient empty sea. Even here, so far away, the beat and breath of mankind being felt, I remembered something and pushed myself free of lunar ties...



I extracted myself from the tangled mess of Wamsutta sheets and peeled the oddly tear-slicked pillowcase off my cheek before sitting down in front of my computer and pulling up my Firefox. Can people cry in their sleep ?



And then it hit me…



9/11




Hugs to everyone as we remember that awful day.


No comments: